Everything You Need to Know About Eyebrow Microblading
By now you’ve probably heard of the eyebrow phenomenon that’s known as microblading. It’s become more popular in recent years, and for good reason! This procedure leaves you with thicker, fuller brows that last and we are so happy to be able to offer Niagara and Buffalo residents this service at Dr. Teal’s. Keep reading for everything you need to know about eyebrow microblading.
What is Microblading?
So you’ve heard about the magic of microblading, but no exactly sure what it is. Let us explain! Microblading is a tattooing technique in which a small handheld tool made of several tiny needles is used to add semi-permanent pigment to the skin. By manually inserting pigment into the top layers of the skin with a needle-like instrument, the technician is able to give you the desired fullness and shape of the eyebrows you’ve always dreamed of!
How Does it Work?
The microblading technician will prepare your eyebrows for treatment by cleaning up and shaping the brows, getting rid of any stray hairs. Once everything is cleaned up, numbing cream will be put on your eyebrows to ensure minimal pain throughout the process. While the cream works to numb the area, you and your technician will chat and discuss the best shade and shape of brows for you. The technician will work with the shape of your face and measure to ensure everything is symmetrical.
The actual needle process finely implants featherweight strokes with a medical grade pigment on the outer layer for the skin, creating fine, realistic and natural hair strokes. If you have any discomfort during the process, the technician will typically apply some extra numbing cream.
After you’ve had your microblading treatment, there are some things to remember post-treatment:
- Avoid any picking or scratching! During the first week, your eyebrows will begin to heal, similar to a tattoo, they may be irritated.
- Avoid getting your eyebrows wet within the first week after having the microblading treatment. This includes sweat! You don’t want the pigment being washed out of the skin. You can cover your brows with an ointment (or vaseline) during this time when you shower or workout.
- Your eyebrows might become flaky after about a week. This is normal! They may even look to have faded, but don’t worry, the final shape & colour doesn’t fully come out until about a month after treatment.
- Avoid any hot holidays or staying out in the sun for the first 1-2 weeks.
- A follow-up appointment may be necessary to have 1-2 months post-treatment to touch up any lines.
How Long Does it Last?
The amount of time your new eyebrows will last depends on your skins type. It could be anywhere from 12 to 24 months. Some have even seen it last as long as three years! Over the course of time, the pigment fades and eventually leaves your natural brows as they were before the treatment. However, occasional touch-ups every once and a while will extend the length of the service.
How Much Does it Cost?
$600 per treatment, but we special promotions every once in a while, so be sure to stay up-to-date on our monthly specials.
Please keep in mind, microblading might not be for everyone. Some individuals may experience sensitivity to the pigments, but we’re always sure to test out a patch prior to the full treatment. Make sure to book a free consultation to see if this treatment is right for you.