Glycolic Peel Benefits
GLYCOLIC FACIAL PEELS are designed to improve and enhance your appearance. Glycolic peel benefits effectively include help to reduce the depth of surface lines, smooth out rough skin texture, and to help fade brown spots and assist in controlling acne breakouts.
The all-natural alpha hydroxy acid derived from sugar cane will remove dead cells from the skin’s surface.
Removing this top layer (where most visible wrinkles are) allows the healthier skin cells to come through, giving a smoother texture to your skin and a glowing, radiant appearance.
Book your complimentary consultation with an expert today!
1. How much “downtime” is expected?There is no “downtime” whatsoever with a glycolic peel. You can actually receive a peel on your lunch hour and return to work.
2. How irritating is a peel?Glycolic peels are only slightly irritating. You may experience mild burning or stinging which is transient.
3. What should I expect after a peel?After receiving your glycolic peel you may experience some light flaking in a few localized areas for up to five days, and slight redness for one to twelve hours. Although you may or may not actually “peel” during the first one or two treatments, you will probably experience slight exfoliation and your skin will feel tight and pulled. Patients should always follow the home care regimen and post-treatment care tips provided by the physician.
4. Can a person who is in the sun a lot receive a peel?Yes, only if they are compliant with using sunscreen protection.
5. What about someone who frequently works out?Someone who frequently works out can have any peel, but must wait 48 hours after the treatment to exercise.
6. When will I start “peeling”, for how long and how much?Everyone’s experience will be different. However, on an average, you will see flaking by day two or three following the treatment. It is possible to see flaking for up to five or six days. With all glycolic peels, only light to medium exfoliation will be experienced.
7. What if my skin is very thin? Why would I want to peel? Wouldn’t that make my skin thinner?If your skin is dry and thin, often there is a buildup of dead cells that actually keeps your home care products from penetrating. Having a glycolic peel will remove that surface buildup, hydrate the skin and give it a more plump, “thicker” appearance. The use of vitamin C products in the treatment as well as in your home care program will help to build collagen in your skin, thus making it stronger and more durable.
8. Can a pregnant or breastfeeding woman receive a peel?We do not recommend this treatment to pregnant or breastfeeding women as no studies have been performed, to date, to prove the safety of glycolic peels on women of this condition.